Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hope

Time for something positive. Do you remember this?






Yes, all those massive, ugly hoardings that used to be an inescapable part of Chennai's landscape. I still remember coming back from a trip abroad, to be greeted by the sight of a hoarding-free city. The change was amazing! The euphoria I felt cannot be described- and I'm sure that all of you felt the same.

I know that this was a while ago, but it is a reminder that change is possible. I want to remember this every time I look around me and feel dispirited. And if I forget - please remind me.

There. Is. Hope.

Speaking of hopes, one of mine was to connect with like minded people. And I was thrilled when one of my very first comments was from someone who has a group on facebook called- 'It's Madras, not Chennai' They seem to have already gained quite a bit of momentum with over 1000 members. Lots of interesting posts and discussions - so be sure to check it out. Especially their link to The Hindu's article on renaming roads in Chennai.

No comments:

Post a Comment