Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting started

What am I doing starting a blog?! I'm no writer. I know nothing about blogging. And I'm usually a very quiet, private person who keeps my opinions to myself. BUT ...

Chennai makes me want to scream!

The roads, the traffic, the filth, the pollution and most of all- people's attitudes. Don't get me wrong - I love Chennai. It's my home. But I would like my home to be clean and beautiful and orderly. An environment in which I would be happy to bring up my children. But right now, it is a far cry from that utopia.

I don't expect this blog to change the world. But I dare to hope that it can be a catalyst for change. I know that there are people out there trying to make a difference. My goal is to connect them,to create a forum for discussion, to build a community of like minded people, and hopefully eventually reach those who do have the power to make a difference.

Do you know of others who are trying to make a difference? Do you have ideas for future posts? What bothers you about chennai? What do you love most about it? Please leave your comments or email me at childofchennai@gmail.com

And I'm completely new to this 'e' world of blogging and social networking - so any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. You go gurl!! & at 6.16 AM at that...Chennai's keeping you awake, looks like?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already have a whole host of comments and discussions going on, on similar lines. "We" belong to a group of people who are distressed at this wholesale assault on our history, our comfort levels, our values..
    please go here and join the group:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=235268358157&ref=ts

    ReplyDelete